Saturday, January 15, 2011

Stretching Me

Today I managed to get through my preaching project. According to my evals from my peers and revival group pastor I did pretty well. I practiced and practiced, none which went as well as I wanted it too. I thought of all the times I have taught groups on the mental health unit, groups and day program for Grace and Body Connection., then speaking at different venues but this was different. The evaluation page was detailed, the guidelines of what had to be included to get high marks touched on some insecurtities I had.

I taught on declaring the promises of God. Something in which God has been speaking to me about lately. I up and down that mountain, when honestly it should be rather consistent. So recently, before my feet hit the ground, I set the tone for the day by declaring hope, promises, and dreams for me, my kids, and friends. Obviously I would never get out of bed if it was extensive but I just touch on the obvious.

This year I am learning a lot about not being moved by how I feel, to be streched during hard times and to seek joy through it all. I am only human; I dont always get it right but I strive to be the best I can be and that is all God ask of us.

Jeremiah 29:11
Bless you, Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment