Thursday, January 20, 2011

It's not what it always appears to be...


Recently I had a conversation with a family member about how it looks like I don’t know what I am doing and how I have gone from one idea or thought to another. At first I felt a bit hurt but then I realized a word the Lord gave me @3yrs ago and this is what I heard;
"I will transition you from place to place and it will look to others that you don’t know what you want or what you are doing, but know that I am ordering your footsteps and you are walking in obedience to Me".

In 2003 I began a non-profit organization called Grace and Body Connection. A few years later it diminished to where I was only counseling a hand full of people out of my home. When I left to come out to California, to come to Bethel, I pretty much just let it sit until I could decide what to do with it.
The end of 2010 the IRS basically was saying that it needed to be closed out since there has been no activity. I was about to file the paperwork and I got a call from a friend, she had just returned from Haiti and has also been in Africa this year doing missions most of the year. The Lord put a ministry on her heart and she called to tell me about it and asking me to pray about being a board member. It immediately came to mind about GBC and after talking a bit we came to the conclusion she should take over GBC and rename it "His Hands Ministry".  Within 48 hours, she had the amendment typed up, funding was offered and I agreed to be a board member in addition to part of "His Hands" ministry would be a disaster response ministry that would help support efforts like going to Haiti and places around the world to disaster/medical response (medical missions). 

This is only a part of what has happened in my life. To some it may look like I began a non-profit and then just dropped the ball with it. I see it as laying the groundwork for something even better. And what did God tell me when I asked Him why did I go through founding and being an owner of a non-profit? He said, "because you needed to know these things for what I have called you to do". 

One more example. Years ago I went to Haiti. I only went out of obedience. I didn’t particularly care about going but that was out of fear. I had never been out of the US and barely out of NC. Returning, I left Haiti very sick, almost didn’t get on the plane to return home. When I saw the US Flags waving back and forth instantly all the pain and sickness left me. I told myself I never would return to Haiti again. (ha-ha), but because I went a seed was planted. Last year, 2010,  I was asked to go to Haiti with Bethel and TDA, for Disaster Response. The key to going on the team was that I had been before and I was a nurse. I was the last person added to the disaster team. I knew it was God and I knew the key came from years ago. 

I know I have dreams, I know I have responsibilities, I know I put my trust in Him that He will lead me and as Kris Vallotton put its "when I am through living, I'm outta here".

Bless you. Tricia 

No comments:

Post a Comment